[mythtv] CVS checkout process doesn't complete/ Development Environment

Peter Marriott peter at bms.net.au
Wed Jan 15 14:53:26 EST 2003

Hi,

I am new to using CVS and whenever I go to checkout some of the MythTV
folders, the files check out fine, but the command doesn't return, I have to
interrupt with a ctl-c.  It seems that all the files are there though.

A sample output is:

[root at tv mythcvs]# cvs -z3 -d :pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/cvs
checkout mythweather
? mythweather/mythweather/.qmake.internal.cache
? mythweather/mythweather/moc_weather.cpp
cvs server: Updating mythweather
cvs server: Updating mythweather/mythweather
cvs server: Updating mythweather/mythweather/images
cvs [checkout aborted]: received interrupt signal

Also a bit off topic...  but what development environment is recommended for
coding/debugging the MythTV system.  I have used MS Visual C++ before, but
never any Linux development/debug environments.  I had a quick look at
Kdevelop, but wanted to know what others used, before taking the time to
learn one.   Any tips or pointers to places where I can find this info from
would really help me get up to speed.

Thanks
Peter.