[mythtv] Hardware MJPEG Question

James D. Bearden james at nontrivial.org
Tue Jan 14 22:41:46 EST 2003

Hello,

I am going to dwelve into the code to try and figure out what is wrong with
the Hardware MJPEG stuff. It is going to take a while since I don't know
anything about C++, video codecs, MythTV, hardware drivers, etc, etc, so
don't hold your breath.

But I was wondering if somebody could tell me a couple things. Why does it
seem like, when using the MJPEG Hardware option, that it acts like the CPU
load is pegged when in fact it is barely being touched? And why, in addition
to having about a 1fps framerate, it also randomly jumps horozontally?

Thanks,

 ---
James D. Bearden
james at nontrivial.org
http://james.nontrivial.org/

Don't reward Microsoft's bad behavior! Investigate high quality,
full featured, secure, and free alternatives to Microsoft products
such as the Mozilla web browser (http://www.mozilla.org/releases/)
and Open Office (http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/1.0.1/)