[mythtv] Brightness

misleb at onshore.com misleb at onshore.com
Tue Jan 14 17:45:30 EST 2003

My cable box outputs a picture that is way too bright. I have the same
box on my television and on my computer. Both have the same problem. On
the TV i can compensate by turning the brightness down and the picture
looks ok. When I play a DVD, I have to put it back to normal. Thats
fine, for now.

I'd like to make all my MythTV recordings at normal brightness in case
I ever want to archive the videos or play them on the computer screen.
Is there anyplace in the MythTV pipeline (preferably before encoding)
that I can compensate for the brightness?

BTW, I am using the Composite input on an ATI TV Wonder VE,

-matthew