[mythtv] Problems with Matrox Card

Ralph Little mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon Jan 13 10:25:00 EST 2003

Hi,
I have managed to get most of MythTV up and running on RedHat 7.3, including

XMLTV download.
Mythfrontend fires up OK.
However, when I try to view TV, I get "Couldn't find Xv support, exiting"

I have a rather old graphics card which works fine for xawtv, a Matrox
Millenium PCI card.

Not knowing much about X, I found a prog called xvinfo which seemed to have
something to do with it.

It reports:

X-Video Extension version 2.2
screen #0
 no adaptors present

The X-Windows hardware browser in KDE reckons my card supports X-Video.

Can my card work with MythTV or will I have to upgrade?

Regards,
Ralph

Our communications with you matter to us. This e-mail and any attachments
are confidential and are sent on the basis of our copyright, e-mail and
security policy which can be inspected at our website at
http://www.tribaldata.co.uk/html/contact.html#6. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender and delete this message.  Thank you.