[mythtv] Washed out colors

Sam Kennedy mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun Jan 12 19:14:28 EST 2003

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 10:50:08 -0800, <mark@zzo.com> wrote regarding the ATI
TV Wonder VE:

> the 'right arrow' trick did seem to help - so what's that all about???

The ATI Wonder VE has a "feature", or a "bug", or something where it cannot
tune correctly. The frequency that the card tunes to is actually a little
bit behind the actual frequency. The way I took care of this is that I went
into my .xawtv file, and put a "fine = +14" in the entry for each channel,
and when I did the mythfilldatabase command, I used the --xawsettings.
However, that didn't quite work. Perhaps you would have to manually enter
the correct frequencies into the database, but if you ask me I think that
this is an issue which should be fixed in the bttv module.

--
Sam Kennedy