[mythtv] Channel switching (was: no subject)

Matthew Burnham mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun Jan 12 18:37:52 EST 2003

> but i don't have a /etc/X11/xawtvrc, because i don't have
> xawtvrc (i guess)...
> now i put the channel-freqs (not really the freqs but the
> frequency-name, i
> think) into channum, and that worked (for example E2, SE13,
> SE17,SE10, for
> europe-west). but now mythtv shows these values on the osd
> when i switch
> channel, can i configure mythtv to show the name-column from
> the database? or
> the callsign? what's the difference between these two?

That's what I meant, the channel name, except that they're all numbers
here in the UK :) I've got the same problem as you having the OSD use
the channel name/frequency rather than a channel number as I'd
traditionally see on a UK TV - i.e. I'd like to be able to enter '1' to
get BBC1, '2' to get BBC2, etc. rather than '25' and '28' etc.

--
Mat Burnham