[mythtv] I dont know, its freaking me out.

Chris mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun Jan 12 03:51:26 EST 2003

--=-npJF+an9uUfOiY2ORyzq

I see what you mean now.  I still cant get the audio working properly
though. Switched to alsa on both the cmi8738 (/dev/dsp) and sb live on
/dev/dsp1.  Followed the instructions using xawtv -c /dev/video0 -C
/dev/dsp and aplay /dev/dsp. I heard the sound played back as expected
so full duplex is working with the cmi8738.  With the sb live. I tried
xawtv -c /dev/video1 -C /dev/dsp1.  I heard sound so I muted line in in
alsamixer, line in is selected as capture device.   When I did a aplay
/dev/dsp1 I heard  no sound. It mentioned about xrun!! and at least
something seconds.   Interestingly, though while playing with the mixer
settings, I noticed ac97 which affects the volume out of the sb16.  I
attached my modules.conf.  Any suggestioins?  Thanks

On Sat, 2003-01-11 at 22:08, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Chris wrote:
> > I activate the pip with v and switch the active screen with n.  In both
> > of those screens i can watch live tv with audio and do timeshifting.
>
> Opps, mistyped. I meant "n" to switch.
>
> Please re-read my message carefully and think about it. If
> you are on ch3 and have ch5 in the PIP. Press "n" (not v)
> then card 1 in fullscreen changes from ch3 to ch5. Card 2
> in tht PIP changes from ch5 to ch3. You always hear the
> sound from card 1 in fullscreen. We could probably benefit
> from having a key to switch audio to PIP but PIP isn't
> working in CVS right now.
>
> > However , i just finnished recording 2 simultaneous 30 minute shows and
> > one did not have audio.  So I reconnected the ati tv wonder ve to the sb
> > live 5.1 and scheduled two more simultaneous recordings.  I will see in
> > about 20 minutes if both will have audio.
>
> It will take a very long time to test card 2 audio if you
> can only check every half hour. Consider trying the test in
> "Troubleshooting audio" which allows you to play with the
> mixer in realtime.
>
> --  bjm

--=-npJF+an9uUfOiY2ORyzq

alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
alias eth0 via-rhine
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias char-major-81 bttv
alias char-major-81-0 bttv
pre-install bttv modprobe -k msp3400; modprobe -k tuner
options tuner type=3D2
alias char-major-81-1 bttv
alias usb-controller1 usb-uhci
alias char-major-195 NVdriver

# ALSA portion
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-cmipci
alias snd-card-1 snd-emu10k1
# module options should go here
# OSS/Free portion
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-slot-1 snd-card-1
# card #1
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
#card  #2
alias sound-service-1-0 snd-mixer-oss
#alias sound-service-1-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-1-3 snd-pcm-oss
#alias sound-service-1-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-1-12 snd-pcm-oss

#alias sound-slot-1 emu10k1
#post-install sound-slot-1 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/nul=
l 2>&1 || :
#pre-remove sound-slot-1 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null =
2>&1 || :

--=-npJF+an9uUfOiY2ORyzq--