[mythtv] Progress: Different error message

James D. Bearden mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri Jan 10 02:36:49 EST 2003

Hey! Even more progress!

Hitting keys at random whilst watching the (blank) mythtv I happened to
stumble accross the c key. I hit it a couple times an lo and behold I am
watching television!!! No sound and the video is very choppy, but a vast
improvement over a blank screen! I had noticed that MythTV seems to expect
source names like Television, S-Video and Composite when my (G200) video
sources show up in XawTV as television, composite, and svideo. I think this
is causing problems. Is there a way I can tell MythTV to start with
television instead of Television?

Now I need to try the CVS version and get MJPEG support to speed things up a
bit. You would think a PIII 866 (hdparm checks out) would do a better job.
Then I get to wrestle with the audio if it is still hosed. Actually, if I
don't run XawTV when I boot up I get (choppy) audio with mythtv the first
time I run it. Always when I exit mythtv I have to reboot the computer to
get audio back for xawtv or mythtv.

 ---
James D. Bearden
james@nontrivial.org
http://james.nontrivial.org/

Don't reward Microsoft's bad behavior! Investigate high quality,
full featured, secure, and free alternatives to Microsoft products
such as the Mozilla web browser (http://www.mozilla.org/releases/)
and Open Office (http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/1.0.1/)