[mythtv] Matrox Marvel G200 TV

Ray mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed Jan 8 21:05:34 EST 2003

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 11:32:26AM -0800, Jason James wrote:
> I just ordered a Matrox Marvel G200 TV for my box with
> the hopes that I can do decent tv capture using the
> hardware accelerated MJPEG. Otherwise, I have to
> upgrade my P3 450, which would be a lot more money.
>
> I saw some posts in December including a HOWTO. Has
> anything changed since then? Do I want to use version
> 0.7 or CVS?

Well, 0.7 hasn't gained hardware mjpeg support since then if that's what
you're asking so you'll have to use cvs or wait for 0.8.  I'm using a much
older cvs version from just a little while after 0.7 came out and will
probably try cvs sometime in the next week or so.

> Also, what kind of picture quality are people getting?
> What is the recommended capture size?

I'm using decimation 2 with my G200 and dual Celeron 500 box.  Quality is
good in my opinion (basically vhs quality or better) but maybe I'd be less
happy if my tv were bigger.   If decimation 2,1 is available in cvs I may
try that.

--
Ray