[mythtv] problems with Matrox G200-TV

Peter M Schuh mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed Jan 8 02:27:23 EST 2003

Hi-

I just got the CVS version up and running on my P4 Celeron 1.7GHz.  Things
are a little slow, so I'm still doing some tweaking.  I have a matrox
G200-TV.  When I go into hardware compression mode in myth, I get
extremely jerky video and the picture jumps horizontally.  I installed the
matrox and mgavideo drivers as described in the HOWTO on an earlier post.
I didn't mess with the frambuffer stuff because I wanted to get it working
on my monitor first.

Software compression mode (both of them) are smooth and only take 60% CPU
at 320x240.

Any ideas what could be giving me the hardware compression problems?  I
noticed that the CPU load does go way down when I'm recording in it.

Thanks,

Peter