[mythtv] Hardware configuration

Henk Poley mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed Jan 8 08:41:39 EST 2003

> Van: Stephan Wentz <wentz@gmx.de>
>
> [..]
> i just want a cheap card with the bt878, stereo sound and a remote
> controll, can someone give me a hint which card suits my needs?

I just bought a stereo tv-tuner, these are the ones that cought my
attention. All screened for Video4Linux compatibilty, off coarse:

- Guillemot Maxi TV Video 3 (also sold by Hercules ?)
- Pinnacle Systems Studio PCTV (people complained about 'snow')
- Leadtek Winfast2000XP Deluxe (is it stereo ?)
- Terratec Cinergy 600 TV (digital sound, IR remote)

I chose the last one (most expensive though). It also has digital stereo
sound, you won't need the line-in loopback (though it doesn't seem to work
under Win98SE). I am currently recording a tape from our old VCR under
Windows :-} at "DVD quality" (6GB/hr MPEG2). I'll see if there are much
dropped frames at that resolution (something like 754x640).

	Henk Poley <><

[OT]: does anyone know a simple video-cut program under Windows?