[mythtv] Hardware configuration

Chuck Wolber mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed Jan 8 01:27:31 EST 2003

> sadly, that's not right. this afternoon i bought the hauppauge win-tv
> pci-fm, i carefully checked the model-nr, which says "718". but on the
> card was this damned conexant cx2388x-chip! have to return to the shop
> tomorrow and give it back, damn, so i guess i'll just buy a win-tv
> primio-fm instead, or has this one also no bt878? i just want a cheap
> card with the bt878, stereo sound and a remote controll, can someone
> give me a hint which card suits my needs?

I'm really surprised. I mail-ordered my Hauppauge WinTV Theatre (buy.com
IIRC) and it worked perfectly out of the box (~$200.00 I think it was).
Came with the card, some RCA connectors, remote and a radio antenna. Did I
just get lucky somehow?

-Chuck

--
 Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Linux Technology
   * Education			|

"Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."
			-- Henry Spencer