[mythtv] Hardware configuration

Mr. Adam ALLEN mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon Jan 6 00:47:36 EST 2003

--=-ndxgQZFIQLm+p0d42/vR

On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 23:18, Jesse Crews wrote:
> Well, it seems to be a tough call between the SiS 735, and the KT333 with
> the newer VT8235 southbridge.
> The 735 can be obtained for a mere $52, while the KT333 on a slightly
> stripped-down MSI was found for $65. With such a small difference, the
> decision rides upon the PCI issues of the VT8235 Southbridge. The 8233
> reportedly had latency problems, so I need to know if this has been fixed=
 in
> the 8235.
>=20
> One user (Chris) uses the 8235+KT400 and has no issues.
> Are any KTxxx + VT8235 users having non-smooth operation (i.e.: hanging,
> stuttering,etc)?
> Are there any SiS 7xx users out there?

Yes,
SIS 735. Not sure about how much of the on-board stuff is relevant - new
boards probably have different chipset revisions anyway, so I'll leave
that detail, if you want it let me know what.

It has DDR + SDRAM slots, which I'm using SDRAM (If I had DDR modules
kicking around I could see if it that factor makes a big noticeable
difference).

All in all, apart from USB which is either flaky or broken at the
minute, it was a cheap board, performed solidly for ~ 1 year (usually on
~18 hours a day).

--=20
Regards,
Adam Allen.