[mythtv] Colors too mellow and no sound

Tim Ansell mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat Jan 4 03:50:07 EST 2003

Hi,

I've been working on creating a "TiVo" like device for my family and I
to use.

I've got an

Athlon 1700XP+
64MB ram
60gig - 7200 RPM Seagate (ATA 100)
TV Excel Tuner Card (Rebagded Pixelview for Australian market)
Nvidia Ge-force 2 MX 200 (with TV)

I've managed to both compile mythtv from source and use the pre-compiled
debs.

After managing to find tv_grab_aus (as I'm in Australia) mythtv captures
video fine and viewing live TV also works fine.

However the colors are too mellow. When viewing through xawtv the colors
are there normal vivid self.

As well when I first go into the "Watch Live TV" mode the default
channel doesn't have any sound. If I change the channel and then change
back sound works fine. As well none of the recordings have sound.
I'm using the ALSA drivers for a SIS Trident sound card.

Tim Ansell