[mythtv] MythTV 0.7 Problem

James D. Bearden mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat Jan 4 00:32:13 EST 2003

Isaac,

> On Thursday 02 January 2003 11:21 pm, James D. Bearden wrote:
>> The myth setup seems to run OK. mythepg seems to run OK. When I run mythtv
>> I get a black screen and the sound dies. In fact I can not get the sound
>> back except by rebooting, even reinserting the module doesn't work. The
>> mythtv output is thus:
>
> Most likely thing is that your soundcard has problems doing full duplex
> operation, or you're running an older version of alsa which has problems
> doing full duplex operation, or a kernel driver... yadda yadda yadda.
> Anyway, it's a sound problem, if that helps you narrow things down.  I
> recomend trying the latest version of ALSA.

OK, I installed the alsa 0.9.0rc6 drivers. They seem to work at least as
well as the OSS drivers did, but I get the same exact error message I was
getting before. Can you please tell me what the messages "Authentication
Rejected" and "channel '0' has no tuner (composite)" means?

 ---
James D. Bearden
james@nontrivial.org
http://james.nontrivial.org/

Don't reward Microsoft's bad behavior! Investigate high quality,
full featured, secure, and free alternatives to Microsoft products
such as the Mozilla web browser (http://www.mozilla.org/releases/)
and Open Office (http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/1.0.1/)