[mythtv] What is the recommended sound card for MythTV? Can You Post your hardware, experiences, recommendstions

Chris mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri Jan 3 21:45:59 EST 2003

I dont know if there is a hardware database somewhere with
recommendations but I thought its a good idea to start a thread like
this for anyone looking to put together a mythtv system.    I myself am
looking to buy a new sound card that would work well in Linux and with
Mythtv.

I have a

1) Turtle Beach Sound Card
  With kernel drivers cs46xx for Turtle Beach --> duplex possible but
sound warbles and scratches especially at higher audio rates
                                              --> with alsa cvs, no
sound in watching live tv

2) CMI8738 onboard audio on Soyo KT400  --> with kernel driver cmipci,
the line in sound is barely perceptible on recorded videos
                                              --> with alsa cvs, no
sound in watching live tv