[mythtv] Porting to Play Station 2

Michael Kedl mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri Jan 3 15:07:09 EST 2003

A command line player would be the patched mplayer.
It can run without X.

So it sounds possible to port at least a video decoder and see how that
would work.  But it sounds like using the PS2 as a generic front end
would be much more work than its worth.

Thanks for the info!  I may still think about getting the linux kit just
to play with it; but it sounds like I need to move the wifes old 550mhz
machine somewhere near the TV for my upstairs frontend.  I imagine it
can decode the video ok; I guess I'll find out ;-)

Mike