[mythtv] external channel change program

Tarek Loubani mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri Jan 3 00:09:15 EST 2003

Hey.. As far as my understanding goes, MythTV uses the most elegant and simple method for passing off things to the script, and that is simply to issue the channel number. So, for example, if you set your external channel change program as "echo" and watch it from the console, you'll notice that it's just echoing the numbers. So, let's say I'm on channel 500 and hit channel up, taking me to 501, the program just receives <program> 501.

It's beautiful, really..

tarek : )