[mythtv] Yipee, almost there but audio whine

Bryce C mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri Jan 3 03:19:37 EST 2003

--=-SDyzbVyBCn1QpIGKO2D8

When I WAS TRYING to use btaudio, it created /dev/sound/dsp[1-4] and
/dev/sound/mixer[1-2] because I have two cards that have separate
purposes (one only does composite) and and are accessed separately.=20
dsp[3-4] are the only one's I'm concerned with but I tried a sox on
dsp[1-2] too and here's what I found. The digital ones said nothing, no
"Recording at a rate of 8000 of type WAVE" or whatever it was.  It just
sat their.  Also, yes, ,I am using alsa because oss didn't seem to work
before and it took a lot of work to get alsa installed so i'm not about
to try again.  The arecord was used after I reverted to ALSA so yes, it
was using ALSA's line-in.
I think I've found the problem in a poor quality implementation of
full-duplex capability on my sound chip so i'm going to try another one.

--=20
Bryce C <Plug@BryceCo.Net>
CoBryce Communications

--=-SDyzbVyBCn1QpIGKO2D8