[mythtv] mythfilldatabase error????

Mr. Adam ALLEN mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu Jan 2 11:43:49 EST 2003

--=-GhL3rmY5Syx9ewCrCXie

On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 01:56, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 01, 2003 at 12:53:16PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
>=20
> > On Wednesday 01 January 2003 10:14 am, Mr. Adam ALLEN wrote:
> > > Was looking for a nice simple "s/'/\\'/g"  bit of code for C++, but
> > > didn't stumble across anything which enabled my lack of C++ knowledge=
> > > make a patch :-(.
> >=20
> > Look about two lines above where it creates that insert line in filldat=
a.cpp
>=20
> If single quotes are not legal inside double quotes (this would surprise
> me), then we should just use single quotes and only escape single quotes,
> which is known to work.

Copying and Pasting out of the e-mail, and typing a test query allows
single quotes to be embedded within double quotes, however the cases
which I came across earlier today certainly didn't work - and it was
escaping the single quote which made the difference.

Repeating what I did yesterday now works without escaping the single
quotes. I'm not sure what was going on- but I can't reproduce it now.

--=20
Regards,
Adam Allen.

adam@dynamicinteraction.co.uk