[mythtv] Dual Monitors

Erik Arendse mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu Jan 2 10:31:15 EST 2003

At 2-1-03 11:23, Chuck Wolber wrote:
>So far I can see only one problem that isn't addressed anywhere else (that
>I could find). I've got the typical dual monitor setup (GF4 4600Ti) and
>the TV output is spread over both screens and is rather distorted looking.

MythTV uses the XV video stuff of XFree 4.0, videooutput is scaled to
fullscreen using hardware support. Your card/driver setup defines the
combines monitors as the full screen.

Solutions:
1) get your driver to define one of your monitors as the "full" screen
or
2)  modify MC/libs/libNuppelVideo/XJ.CPP, and code resizing support for the
"windowed" mode of mythtv (accessabel at the moment by pressing "F" I think)

If you take route (2), please submit your patch to the list for us all,
more people asked the same :-)

Erik