[mythtv] Bug: Does not record show if watching LiveTV

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu Jan 2 03:58:51 EST 2003

On Wed, Jan 01, 2003 at 10:43:50PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:

> On Wednesday 01 January 2003 10:20 pm, Brent Borghese wrote:
> > I am using the CVS from a few days ago.   And have been doing some
> > testing and found something.
> >
> > Lets say its 9:55pm and you are watching LiveTV and at 10:00pm MythTV is
> > to record a show on a different channel.
>
> I haven't reimplemented the live tv -> recording transition yet.  That's
> pretty much the last major thing left of the backend/frontend split.

I've run into crashes when trying to watch live tv while a scheduled
recording is in process, as well.  Of course, I only do this intentionally
to interrupt a recording, so it hasn't bothered me enough yet to track it
down.

I was thinking that it would be nice if deleting an in-progress recording
from the playback screen would cancel the recording.  Then I noticed that
there is a StopRecording API, you seem to have implemented this already. :-)
I haven't tried it yet, though.

--
 - mdz