[mythtv] mthtv restarting computer?

Rick Warner mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed Jan 1 22:22:24 EST 2003

On Wednesday 01 January 2003 05:06 pm, Tony Clark wrote:
I configure and test clusters of linux machines for a living.
Our battery of tests is the following: memtest86 for a minimum of 2 passes.
Preferably more than 5 (ie, run overnight for some high memory systems)
After that, run a repetitve recompile of the kernel, scripted to make sure the
compiler never bails out  (ie the script should do a
"make bzImage || exit 1"), a repetitive read from the hard drive w/ dd, and 1
copy/cpu of cpuburn (linux app, just search google and u will find).

If you can pass those tests for at least 12(preferably 24) hours, you have a
pretty solid system.
If graphics are in question as a problem, I have forgone the cpuburn
test(still doing the others) and instead run repetitive playing of a movie
using various -vo devices w/ mplayer.

Good luck! :)  These tests should help to figure out just how stable your
system really is.