[mythtv] session management error

Cedar McKay mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed Jan 1 19:52:54 EST 2003

I'm using last night's cvs. When I run setup, mythbackend or
mythfrontend it says
"Session managment error: Could not open network socket"
However, as far as I can tell everything works normally anyway. I'm
assuming the developers know about this, but if not I'm willing to  try
to help troubleshoot. Just to clarify, I'm not asking for a fix or
help, I'm offering to help if it could be useful to pursue this.

In an unrelated matter, I'm curious how Isaac and mdz and anyone else
who knows what they are talking about handle upgrades between cvs
versions. I have had success with starting with 0.7 then running the
0.7 to 0.8 script and just starting with the cvs and using mc.sql. But
when it comes to upgrading between different cvs incarnations, I get
nervous that database problems might create "false" bugs for me. So I
have been wiping the database clean before each cvs version that I try.
Do you guys go fresh database with each cvs build you install, or will
one of the scripts successfully increment the database along with cvs
builds?

best

Cedar

and hey, the last couple of builds have been looking really great. The
only place I see intermittent instability is when I am very active with
a recording, i.e. I tell it to record, then I try to watch live tv,
then I watch the in progress recording, then I change my mind and want
to delete the recording etc etc etc. When I just fool around a lot like
that I can usually get either a backend or frontend seg fault.