[mythtv] mythfilldatabase error????

Mr. Adam ALLEN mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed Jan 1 15:14:52 EST 2003

--=-IGEak2x21LEQnrIZWn0I

On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 14:20, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 07:41:04AM -0600, John Joseph Roets wrote:
>=20
> A semicolon should be fine inside quotes.  The problem is more likely to =
be
> a duplicate record in the table or such, though that particular case does=
n't
> seem to print the exact error, unfortunately.  To the original poster: ad=
> a statement to filldata.cpp to print the database error as is done in oth=
er
> places in the code to see what is going on.

The problem seems to be that there is a un-escaped ' in the query. The
following query failed, but when copying/pasting into mysql with \' the
query was successful. The other two queries posted earlier this thread
also had an un-escaped single quote.

Was looking for a nice simple "s/'/\\'/g"  bit of code for C++, but
didn't stumble across anything which enabled my lack of C++ knowledge to
make a patch :-(.

INSERT INTO program
(chanid,starttime,endtime,title,subtitle,description,category)
VALUES(1000, 200301012340, 200301012341, "City Of Angels    When Worlds
Colitis/To Halve
Or Halve Not", "", "A senior staff member commits suicide, Dr Turner
meets a homeless man who believes he is royalty and Dr Price's
ex-husband pays her a visit
and tells her a devastating secret that she may not be able to keep.",
"");

--=20
Regards,
Adam Allen.