[mythtv] PATCH: Commercial detection/skip using blank frames

Brent Norris brent at biglinux.tccw.wku.edu
Thu Feb 27 21:12:04 EST 2003

The problem with this is when you record something like basketball games
or football games or NASCAR races.  Often at the end of these events
there are periods where several timeouts occur where the station goes to
commercial, but in between these breaks there is often extremely
important things happening.  If you use the statistical model for
something like this it will either skip an important play or not
recognize a block of commercials. I remember watching a basketball game
one time where there were 4 30 second commercial breaks with about 10-15
seconds of game inbetween them.

Brent

On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 20:49, Vincent AE Scott wrote:

> I've been following this thread with much anticipation, altho i don't
> have an actual fully working mthytv setup, this for me is certainly an
> awesome feature.
>
> I like this idea of tagging the ads on the fly, for later post recording
> analysis, that got me thinking:
<huge snip>
.
.