[mythtv] Re:MythWeb - TD Border height (patch)

Chris Martin (Dev) dev at cgmartin.com
Wed Feb 26 14:20:46 EST 2003

On Tuesday 25 February 2003 9:09 am, thor wrote:
> A random list of things I've been thinking about doing at some point:
>
> 1. Notion of a user/cookies to hold viewing preferences
> 2. Investigate streaming ogg/mp3 through the browser
> 3. Investigate streaming/downloading video through the browser
> 4. Adding themes to change views (e.g. browsing on a phone)

I especially like the idea of viewing the video through the browser. Downloading would be pretty trivial. Streaming video/audio on the other hand...:)

The themes idea should work well with the current "templating" model that's in place...could detect from php what type of browser they're on and display the correct scaled theme for the PDA/phone.

> As Matt pointed out, the thinking was to let people define favourites
> (channels and shows and genres) and then get a much less crowded listing of
> only those shows. With the addition of a "user" variable and some cookies,
> favourites would be on a user by user basis.

Just uploaded a "favorties" patch for MythTV that we can work into MythWeb. Going to first make some osd markers and guide filtering before moving on to the favourites section in MythWeb (unless someone else wants/beats me to it). Should be pretty simple:

CREATE TABLE favorites (
favid int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
userid int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
chanid int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY (favid)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

FYI, the 'userid' field is unused at the moment, until the concept of user-based preferences is implemented in MythTV/MythWeb/(Others?)...

-Chris Martin
Orlando, FL