[mythtv] slight scheduling bug

Erik Arendse erik_nospam.arendse at bigfoot.com
Wed Feb 26 09:36:56 EST 2003

At 26-2-03 07:19, Cedar McKay wrote:
>howdy. I'm using cvs from yesterday. The schedule that appears in my
>program guide will frequently have a few "unknown" entries, particularly
>around midnight. No biggy. However, if I select one to record (for
>instance if I know something I want to see falls into that slot) all
>"unknown" shows that share stop and start times will be marked to record,
>regardless of the channel. So the same slot in channels 4, 5 and 7 might
>be marked to record. The conflict resolution screen shows no conflicts,
>and it doesn't appear to record any show whatsoever during that time slot.
>Doesn't really bother me too much, but maybe someone cares enough to give
>it a look.

The "unknown" programs are not real programs to be recordable. In fact the
bug here is that they are markable for record at all.

In the future Myth should support real "freeform" recordings, perhaps
something like pressing "F" within the EPG on a channel, and entering
start/stop times (and perhaps a description) by hand.

Erik