[mythtv] RE: Commercial detection/skip using blank frames

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Tue Feb 25 09:00:38 EST 2003

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 12:43:55AM -0500, Chris Pinkham wrote:

> I think the flag would be best. Here's a scenario when a cutlist exists:
>
> - flag set (indicating manual cutlist)
> 	- regular cutlist code is executed jumping across cut like it does now.
> - flag not set or NULL (indicating automated cutlist)
> 	- if autocommercialskip is set then skip cut same as manual cutlist mode.
> 	- autocommercialskip NOT set then skip only if user hits 'Z'.
>
> If the flag is not set then I would think the user should be able to FFWD
> into the cut area manually if they wanted if autocommercialskip is not set.

If we broke this out into a separate table, we could store any number of
types of positions in it by setting a type column (editing marks, commercial
marks, scene change marks, chapters, bookmarks).  Though, if you can merge
the commercial skip list and the cut list, it doesn't make sense at this
point.

--
 - mdz