[mythtv] PATCH: Commercial detection/skip using blank frames

Shawn Pearce spearce at spearce.org
Tue Feb 25 00:15:57 EST 2003

Risto Treksler <risto at elkhornbanff.ca> wrote:
> - no ads on some channels

Here's a feature that would be nice:  Have Myth know the difference
between channels with ads (normal broadcast) and channels without
(HBO, other pay channels) and have it automatically disable commerical
skip on those special channels that don't have commericals.  It is
very hard to watch some HBO programs with Commerical Advance enabled
on my Replay TV, and its a pain to have to constantly disable it just
for that one or two shows. :)

I'm very impressed with the progress Myth is making lately, all I can
say is "wow!  thanks!  keep it up!".  :)

--
Shawn.

  It were not best that we should all think alike; it is difference of opinion
  that makes horse-races.