[mythtv] patch: playlist updates

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Mon Feb 24 18:24:11 EST 2003

	Hi guys ... I'm back ... but probably only for a couple of days (phew, too
much travel).

On Monday 24 February 2003 06:07 pm, Isaac Richards wrote:

> The default playlist isn't a discrete playlist.  It's a special case, it
> doesn't need a setting to name it.  It'll always be 'default' or whatnot.
> It'll always get saved on exit and loaded on startup.  Doesn't matter if
> it's an exact duplicate of another playlist.

	I've gone back and forth on my thinking on default playlists. To move over
easily from the current situation to one where users can edit named
playlists, we could just copy the last edited playlist to
default_music_storage on exit from "Select Music".

	In the longer run, however, I think we want an entry in the settings table
which just keeps track of the last playlist on a per host (frontend) basis.
That way the frontend running on the tiny little touchscreen computer next to
the shelf system is not tied to the last choice in the hacked together front
end in the basement.

	My 2 cents.

- thor