[mythtv] PATCH: Commercial detection/skip using blank frames

Andy Davidoff dert at pobox.com
Sun Feb 23 23:43:35 EST 2003

To what end do you propose to store the uncompressed video of commercials?

I propose to store the next 500 megs of /program content/.  If the decoder
is fast enough, it can decode (and discard from memory) a few minutes of
commercials before our position in playback reaches the start of the break.
At the very least, we should be able to reduce the delay when skipping past
commercials.

#if Matt Zimmerman /* Feb 23, 23:21 */
#endif /* mdz at debian.org */