[mythtv] cvs 02-12 works, cvs 02-23 doesn't

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sun Feb 23 18:17:19 EST 2003

On Sunday 23 February 2003 12:59 pm, Eli Criffield wrote:
> line 346 was already 'audio_buffer_unused = 0;' but it was conditional on
> line 345 'if(audio_buffer_unused < 0)', so the first thing i tried was
> updating cvs and recompiling, same problem, except livetv worked fine (but
> that mite have been because i uncommented out ServerMode=Master in
> backend_settings.txt that i didn't before)
>
> I then added  audio_buffer_unused = 0; at line 347, thus making it
> unconditional. And the same thing happens on playback and livetv now has a
> bit of a ship to it about every second.
>
> I am getting "Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!" in playback, but
> those start about the same time it decides to play in fast mode and the
> audio comes un-synced.

Ok, can you remove any mods you made to the source, update to current CVS, and
try with both 'jitter reduction' and 'aggressive soundcard buffereing'
unchecked under the first screen of the Playback settings?

If that doesn't work, I'd need to know more exactly when it broke for you.  A
range of the 12th to the 21st is a little big =)

Isaac