[mythtv] PATCH: Commercial detection/skip using blank frames

Andy Davidoff dert at pobox.com
Sun Feb 23 16:56:20 EST 2003

What about decoding ahead of playback?  Granted we couldn't look too
far ahead due to memory limitations, but we may be able to look far
enough ahead to skip a commercial.  This means the only extra overhead
is in finding blanks.  I'm assuming of course that the frontend does
the decoding and I'm also not sure how difficult it would be to change
Nupple to decode ahead of playback.

#if Bruce Markey /* Feb 23, 13:46 */
#endif /* bjm at lvcm.com */