[mythtv] Correct way to write out to the settings table?

Drew Whittle drew at lug.net.nz
Sun Feb 23 02:53:07 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-02-23 at 02:19, Isaac Richards wrote:

> Did you try the AppearanceSettings.save() after calling
> gContext->SetSetting()?  I believe that should do what you want.

Yup, it doesn't like that, in fact what it likes (as in compiles and
runs but doesn't work) is

        AppearanceSettings as;
        as.save(db);

anything different and it gets upset. Unfortunately this does not
actually manage to save it to the DB, I'm going to try and figure out
why but I already know thats going to be interestings, I still haven't
gotten my head around things like this (as in some "action" (save) on an
"object" (as), hell I'm not even sure those are the right words to use
to describe this.)

I know I should run off and go learn C++ and leave people alone, and if
I'm being a pest then just tell me. (I find it easier to learn something
when I'm interested in what I am doing with it, hence diving head first
into Myth Code)

:D
--
Drew Whittle <drew at lug.net.nz>