[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-users] New User System Setup Questions

Andy Davidoff dert at pobox.com
Fri Feb 21 18:18:50 EST 2003

Mark Cooper's site is a good reference
	http://www.goldfish.org/~mcooper/pvrhw/
but I think what's needed is a recommendation from developers.

I'm thinking of 2-3 hardware platforms, eg. "MythTV on a Budget",
"MythTV with front/back ends", and "MythTV Multi-tuner Insanity".

This way people can get an idea for hardware requirements and get
a good rundown of 2-3 capture cards and their respective values
in an installation.  They can be sure that the hardware listed
will work without any problems in the specified configuration.

You don't get this kind of feedback (cost:performance, suitability)
from Mark's site, as detailed as it is.

#if Thczv F. Thczv /* Feb 21, 15:05 */
#endif /* thczv at haddockfamily.org */