[mythtv] PATCH: Commercial detection/skip using blank frames

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Feb 21 18:09:28 EST 2003

This is exactly what I'm talking about.  It was discussed on the list a
few days ago and someone posted a url to a website with GPL-ed code that
already can do some logo detection.  Should be fairly easy to implement,
just not sure about how fast it will be.  The program on the website
that was posted is not run during capture/playback, but something that
analyzes/edits video off-line.

> > Once I get a bunch of clips from various stations/channels, I can work on
> > logo detection code using some of the info from URL's posted here on the

> I had a thought the other day, but this could be completely stupid as I
> am not very well versed in video stuff.
> Can you detect the station logos at the bottom of the screen?  If so
> this seems like a natural to me, since they always fade away right
> before commercials.
>
> Just a thought.
>
> Matt

Chris