[mythtv] Correct way to write out to the settings table?

Drew Whittle drew at lug.net.nz
Sat Feb 22 03:09:10 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-02-22 at 02:47, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> ThemeSelector theme;
> theme.setValue(themename);
> theme.save(db);
>
> should work.

Thanks, I'll look into that (it barfs on me at the moment)

> However, I am interested to know why you would be doing something like this.

Smart A*se Answer: Because MythMusic etc need it to be in the DB so they
know which theme to load.

Long Answer: Because I don't know C++, I want to know C++, Someone said
the other day they would like random themes, so I am trying to make it
do random themes (which I have working - except for the gui bit, thats
next)

It's doesn't matter if it's not included in Myth, I just thought it
would be a good learning experience, and being the fussy bugger I am I'd
like it to do things the right way (Hence the Question).

:D
--
Drew Whittle <drew at lug.net.nz>