[mythtv] sql code

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Thu Feb 20 02:55:10 EST 2003

On Thursday 20 February 2003 02:25 am, Andy Davidoff wrote:

> > 	Off the top of my head, I'd say the place for caching to live would be
> > in gContext.
>
> Uh huh.

	Well ... now that I think about it, a lot of the code makes direct db calls,
but you always get the handle (directly or indirectly) from gContext. There's
obviously some gain to be made by being a bit clever about caching inside
gContext->getSetting(), but until the table space starts to settle down a lot
of other code is going to keep doing QSqlQuery directly.

> This is my first experience with Qt.  I'm really impressed so far.

	I'm quite impressed by it as well ... although I'm still confused by how it
does widget geometry...

> I'll have a playlist patch tonight.  Perfectly designed schemas are
> pipe dreams, but we can dream, can't we?  ;-)

	Please include lots of explanation. Isaac will probably be able to follow
anything you come up with, but myself (and others) may not be able to keep up
without some hand holding.

- thor