[mythtv] Test (crude) patch for commercial skipping

Pierre-Olivier Bouchard petecool at vl.videotron.ca
Mon Feb 17 11:26:46 EST 2003

Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:

> It's fairly consistent on some channels, but others seem to merge
> things right together with no blank.  I believe there are better ways to
> check for commercials but doubt there's a standard that will work for
> everybody.  I was envisioning a setup option to determine what commercial
> detection algorithm was used so the user could select the best for their
> configuration/location.

It should also be configurable from channel to channel, as I receive:

- American channels, unmodified
- Canadian english channels, who are just American channels with different ads past a certain time of the day (~18:00)
- Real Canadian english channels, which use different fades than the modded Americans and the real Americans
- Canadian French channels which also use fades that are a little different

Finding settings that will work most of the time will be hard...

Pete