[mythtv] Illegal instruction when I run mythtv

Brent Borghese brent at bborghese.com
Fri Feb 14 03:50:30 EST 2003

I am trying to run the backend and frontend on different computers.

The backend server works fine, I can do every thing on it.   I am running
the cvs from about 10 days ago.   The system is running RH 8, WinTV card,
ATI with tv-out, 1000Ghz CPU, 200GB disk.   And like I siad this works
fine.

I then build a second computer to be my front end.   It is a K6-2 500Mhz,
running RH 8 and the same CVS version of myth.

On my front end computer I changed the localhost to my back end servers
name and made sure the mysql.txt was setup and that it had access the
back end system's mysql.

If I run setup or mythfrontend, I get a "Illegal instruction".

I sounds like I am compiling for the wrong cpu, I have tried to add
-march=k6-2 in the settings.pro file, but it does not seem to work for
me.

Has any body seen a "Illegal instruction" error?

And how would I force the cpu type in settings.pro?

Thanks

Brent

When I run setup I get:

Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
[Switching to Thread 8192 (LWP 14159)]
0x40087a39 in ThemedMenu::ThemedMenu(MythContext*, char const*, char
const*, QWidget*, char const*) () from /usr/local/lib/libmyth-0.8.so.0
(gdb) bt
#0  0x40087a39 in ThemedMenu::ThemedMenu(MythContext*, char const*, char
const*, QWidget*, char const*) () from /usr/local/lib/libmyth-0.8.so.0
#1  0x080ee168 in ?? ()
#2  0x40a0a922 in main_arena () from /lib/libc.so.6
#3  0x400a8a70 in ThemedMenu::className() const ()
   from /usr/local/lib/libmyth-0.8.so.0
#4  0xe834245c in ?? ()
Cannot access memory at address 0x893cec83
(gdb)