[mythtv] mythmusic cvs commits that require another library?

Jeremy Oddo joddo at apixels.net
Thu Feb 13 10:46:21 EST 2003

Isaac Richards said:
> On Thursday 13 February 2003 12:41 pm, thor wrote:
>> On Thursday 13 February 2003 12:19 pm, Isaac Richards wrote:
>> > I don't really see the need..  most people are going to have OpenGL
>> stuff nowadays, since it's pretty much included in newer Xfree86's..
>>  It's just been my experience that optional dependencies lead to
>> extra bugs, is all. If you want to make it configurable, though, go
>> ahead.  Just no autoconf/automake =)
>>
>> 	I hear ya. I'll make ./configure just a few lines and make sure
>> mythmusic
>> will compile in the majority of cases even if it isn't run (ie. assume
>> GL, but not fft).
>>
>> 	One other item: saving/loading playlists. I've got some code working
>> to do
>> this, but it requires a keyboard. I've thought about building a
>> Qt::Widget that can operate as a text input using only number keys, up
>> down, enter/space and escape. It should really go in libmyth though.
>> Thoughts?
>
> cell phone input/matching to /usr/dict/words or whatever.  It'd be quite
>  useful.  And yup, it should live in libmyth.

Hmmm...I wonder if doing cell phone type matching using /usr/dict/words
would work well in this situation.  I'm guessing that a lot of the
searches will be for "show title" or "music artist".  It's likely that
those titles won't show up in a dictionary.  Perhaps we can generate our
own dictionary based off of titles from XMLTV and artists/tracks found in
the mythmusic database?

Just a thought...

Jeremy