[mythtv] Re:Right edge of screen cut off

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Feb 11 17:10:53 EST 2003

Brian Grossman wrote:
>>I have already tried the overscan and displacement settings...it makes
>>change s to the picture, but the same amount is always cut off on the
>>right hand side.
>

> If it is a matter of the window being larger than the screen, the culprit
> is the curw and curh settings in mythtv-0.7/libs/libNuppelVideo/XJ.cpp
> around line 290.
>
> Does anybody know if that has been fixed in cvs?  If not, I'll
> produce a patch.

Brian's bug sounds like it has something to do with the Xv
driver not wanting to write to memory beyond some point or
such. This doesn't seem to be a generic problem with the
window dimensions. Much has changed in CVS for overscan and
TV window resizing since 0.7 so I don't think a patch is
necessary. However, if you have a bug with the current CVS,
please describe the symptoms.

--  bjm