[mythtv] backend plus frontend (success!!!)

Jeff_Mitchell at accessbusinessgroup.com Jeff_Mitchell at accessbusinessgroup.com
Wed Feb 5 10:26:26 EST 2003

Greg-

Thanks for the information.  Does this mean that you now have a central
"library" of media (recorded shows, pics, and music), accessible via
mythfrontend running on either machine?

I've currently got Myth running on a desktop (modest PIII-600, records
480x360, MPEG4 with the default settings, except I tweaked the bitrate to
about 1GB/hr), and I'm considering building a box (perhaps the XBox
frontend mentioned in another thread) once 8.0 is ready for primetime.
(Maybe one of these days, I'll grow a set, and try a pull from CVS.)
Anyway, I was thinking this would be a great added feature, as my house has
a single TV, and often my wife and I have differing opinions about what
channel should be shown on said TV.

-Jeff