[mythtv] Crazy Question?

usenet at wingert.org usenet at wingert.org
Tue Feb 4 14:24:05 EST 2003

Running MythTV on TiVo would suck.  Its a 50 MHz PPC processor with 64 MB of RAM.

I have been working on a variation of this.

The TiVo does an excellent job of scheduling, hardware encoding SD TV, and
interacting with my Cable Box.  It does a terrible job of distributing
streams over my network and expanding into more than a SDTV player (ala
DVD player and so on).

I am working on a MythTiVo module for playing streams directly from my
TiVo boxes.  It is basically consists of Tridge's vserver on the Tivo,
a combination of some of the demux/mux work from dealdatabase.com, and
stock mplayer (basically handling a ty stream natively on the PC).

Now I can throw any moderately powered garden variety PC in front of all
my PCs and have a Home Video Network.