[mythtv] Audio problem with 0.7

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Tue Feb 4 10:09:55 EST 2003

I just tried out mythtv (the 0.7 debian packages) for the first time.
Gorgeous!  I've got a little problem, though.

When I use it (I've only tried "live tv" mode so far), the audio is
faster (and higher-pitched, of course) than it should be.  Last night
I had a thought about what could cause this [quite literally, it came to
me in a dream :-) ]; I'm thinking the audio is being recorded as mono
and being played back as stereo?

I've got a bt878 on /dev/video0 and /dev/dsp1 for input, and
a soundblaster on /dev/dsp0 for output.  I've got ALSA 0.9.0rc3.

Also, how does one check out the CVS tree?  I didn't see the location of
the repository on mythtv.org (but I could have just missed it).

Thanks,

   - Ian