[mythtv] Recommended integrated motherboard with tv-out?

Mike Wohlgemuth mjw at woogie.net
Sun Feb 2 12:35:59 EST 2003

Michael Bourgon wrote:

>TV Cards: Hauppage WinTV-Radio or ATI TV Wonder (i.e.
>stereo card - recommendations appreciated)

I don't know if I can wholeheartedly endorse it yet, but I just ordered
a Leadtek Winfast TV2000XP Deluxe for $56.99 and free shipping from
www.newegg.com.  It seems comparable to the WinTV-Radio, so you might
want to check it out.  It's supported by bttv and lirc, so hopefully it
will be straightforward to get it working.

>However, I'm not sure which motherboard.  My initial
>thought is a nForce: integrated, built-in everything
>(and some have TV-out), including 5.1 sound (though
>not sure if it works on Linux).

I haven't ordered one of these, yet, but I might be about to settle on
the Shuttle AK35GT2.  It's an ATX form factor, with C-Media 8738 5.1
audio out.  The 8738 is listed in the ALSA support matrix, but I haven't
looked into it enough to feel 100% comfortable ordering one.

Woogie