[mythtv] [patch] playbackbox cleanup

avalanche at beyondmonkey.com avalanche at beyondmonkey.com
Tue Dec 30 16:42:44 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Isaac Richards" <ijr at po.cwru.edu>
To: "Development of mythtv" <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2003 6:16 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv] [patch] playbackbox cleanup

> On Tuesday 23 December 2003 03:09 pm, avalanche at beyondmonkey.com wrote:
> > Cleaned the event loop workarounds, also noticed it was doing a backend
> > query for free space on every key press. Changed it to max every 10
> > seconds or if something was deleted.
>
> Hmm..  I think you need to remove the processEvents calls if you're going to
> remove the ignoreevents logic completely, as otherwise it may reenter the
> timeout triggers if the preview pixmaps take a little bit to startup/
> shutdown.

_Those_ processEvent calls, flew right past them with search & replace. I
removed all but one for the nvp. Attached are the cleanups for a couple
other files, using it for a while, seems stable. I noticed the 'what's new'
dialog eats key events after a refocus, but that's not related to the patch.

Is there anything still requiring the frontend to be in 'locked' mode most
of the time, or can that stuff be removed too?

av