[mythtv] [Patch] Fix for choppy audio using ALSA

Drew Bernat abernat at zathras.net
Mon Dec 29 00:58:46 EST 2003

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003, Billy Macdonald wrote:

> Hi,
>     This fixed the choppy audio I was getting using ALSA on my nforce2
> chipset.  Fixed the choppy audio for Analog and SPDIF.

I had to modify the other addSamples routine for the chop to go away
permanently. I'll let someone else do the math... I ended up with some
pointer arithmetic that I don't think is legal.

Specifics: there are two addSamples. One takes a char *, and the other a
char **. The char * version is fixed, the char ** version is not.

I also set my recording rate to 48KHz... things at 32KHz are playing back
a _touch_ fast. I couldn't figure out a way around that.

Drew

--
Drew Bernat                                                __ ____
abernat at zathras.net                                         |  | |