[mythtv] [Patch] (alpha) Update to Kenneth's DVB Channel editorpatch

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Sun Dec 28 21:45:24 EST 2003

Hi,

John Pullan wrote:
> Firstly I hope I'm not stepping on anyones toes by doing this,
> it certainly isn't my intention to do so. Secondly this version
> of the patch is based on the excellent work of Kenneth Aafløy.

Thanks a lot, John, for caring enough to complete the editor!

> This is an update to the code which Kenneth appears to(?)have
> let loose to the community for his DVB channel editor (posted
> 7th Dec). It should apply cleanly against the current cvs
> (28/12/03).

Yup, I got kinda bored :)

> This version of the patch also implements a change that Issac
> requested, namely that the "menu" key calls up the edit/delete
> popup while the default action edit. Secondly I've altered the
> initial screen of the channel editor so that the controls for
> filtering the displayed list of channels are there and
> not on the menu for a channel (just seemed odd to me)
>
> And that's all I've done (hopefully I haven't mangled the code too
> much). The main reason this can't go into cvs is that it breaks non
> DVB builds.
>
> The reason I've let it out now, is because I've seen one or two posts
> asking for Kenneth's original patch and also complaining that it
> doesn't build (due to changes in mythdialog/mythwidgets) and also for
> people to pass comment about if I should continue to tidy it up/fix it
> for non DVB builds etc.

I would assume that this should be okay (I've only browsed through it,
as it's familiar code for me, someone else should look over it as well),
as Isaac basically okay'd it before the .13 release,
except for the stuff you have fixed. =)

On the point about compilation in non-dvb builds, it should be fairly
straight forward, as I think I've marked the locations that need
protection with #warnings (and there's only a couple of them,
maybe Isaac has time to do it while mergin?).

There might be some bugs in there, and the satellite editor is still
missing, but I think it's okay, considering how much time is left
untill .14

> Happy new year

A Happy New Year To You Too!
Kenneth